Sunday, January 1, 2012

Smoked Salmon in Cucumber Boats


Sometimes you need a little fancier of an appetizer than chips and salsa in my opinion! The other day I was craving a light appetizer that was just that, and knew that I definitely wanted to use smoked salmon. MMMM..am a huge fan of smoked salmon!!  Well in all fairness, I do believe I love all seafood but this is definitely on the top of my list. I also knew I didn't want to use crackers but something else, and as soon as I rummaged in my fridge for a few minutes, I knew it was going to be cucumber! Light and tasty!! Once I found what I needed it was a matter of minutes before this wonderful lil' appetizer materialized in front of me! My husband and I devoured all of it!! DELICIOUS!!

Ingredients:
* 2 english cucumbers
* 1/2 cup of chopped smoked salmon
* 1/8 cup chopped red onion
* 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt

Directions:
Trim ends of cucumbers. Split each cucumber in half lengthwise. Scoop out center (the seedy pulp) of the cucumbers leaving a 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick shell. Cut into 1 1/2 inch long pieces. 




Next, I had to chop up my smoked salmon and onion. Note: I chopped extra onion for something else so excuse the amount of chopped onion shown.


Now, combine the greek yogurt, salmon, and onion in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.


Once you've got the mixture ready, spoon about 2 tsps of it into each cucumber piece.




                           And that's all there is to it!! Fresh, light, and wonderfully tasteful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment